Saturday, October 17, 2009

From: BAHUKUTUMBI RAMAN <seventyone2@gmail.com>

He retired as Special Secretary RAW and a well known commentator on Security

related issues. Feel sorry for his health, I pray for his speedy recovery. His mail to

me is attached to this blog. You can also wish him on his email id.

Thanks

R Rajagopalan

================================================

Sent: Tue, October 13, 2009 10:05:45 PM
Subject: Hi All


Dr.Jayachandran of the Guest Hospital, a leading urologist of Chennai in whom my brother has confidence, confirmed today that I have developed a cancer of the urinary bladder. He feels that it is only superficial and not deep, but this will have to be confirmed by a biopsy. I will be entering his hospital on the 21st. He will remove through cystoscopy the wart-like growth from the bladder and send it for biopsy. Thereafter, BCG will be injected into my bladder to immunise it. I will be discharged on the evening of the 24th or the morning of the 25th. For six weeks thereafter ---- I will be spending this period in my brother's house--- BCG will be injected into my bladder every week to prevent a recurrence of the growth. Thereafter, once a month and then once every three months. This will have to continue for the rest of my life. He has assured me that my cancer is totally curable and that I can resume normal activities and travel from around Nov.10. That is life. B. Raman

No comments: