Saturday, February 19, 2011

SONIA - ADVANI EXCHANGE OF LETTERS


Verbatim letter of Sonia Gandhi to LK Advani on Blackmoney



15-2-2011


Dear Shri Advaniji,

My attention has been drawn to a publication titled 'Indian Black Money Abroad
in Secret Banks and Tax Havens' purporting to be a report submitted by a Task 
Force appointed by the Bharatiya Janata Party.


This so-called report contains reckless and baseless allegations against me and my 
family, including my late husband and my mother. These lies, energetically 
disseminated from time to time by sections of the media and interested 
parties have so far been treated by me with the contempt they deserve.


But I must let you know that I am surprised and disappointed to find a leader of 
your stature occupying important positions in the NDA and the BJP endorsing 
such scurrilous and malicious fabrications through their release at a function 
presided over by you.

Yours sincerely,

Sd. Sonia Gandhi

---------------------
18 Feb 2011

TEXT OF ADVANI'S LETTER TO SONIA GANDHI

From Our Delhi Bureau

NEW DELHI: Even as veteran Lal Krishna Advani's regret letter to Sonia Gandhi
 created a sort of crisis in the BJP, he got released the letter through the party 
headquarters to put it in right perspective.

Here is text of the letter dated February 16:

"Dear Smt Sonia ji,

On my return from Kolkata last night, I found your letter dated 15th February awaiting me.

I am happy that you have denied the reports relating to you and your family 
alluded to in the Task Force's Report on Black Money.

If these had been denied earlier, the Task Force would have taken your denial 
into account. Even so, I deeply regret the distress caused to you.

With best regards,

Yours sincerely,

L K Advani."

##

No comments: